Archicheck employs professional Architects (SACAP registered) to provide the highest quality and most comprehensive home inspection service in South Africa, with drawn details on how best to resolve any problems.
Make a booking for a home inspection:
Our home inspection reports include the following:
- Scrutiny of approved building plans and as-built deviations
- Assessment of the title deed for restrictions / servitudes
- Snagging report of entire building (interior, exterior)
- National Building Regulation compliance assessment
- Report on potential health and safety issues
- Condition description of relevant defaults
The snagging reports cover the following:
- A schedule (including photos and video) of general, aesthetic and structural defects in every room
- A full inventory schedule and faulty ironmongery notification
- A detailed description of every item’s fine detail (e.g. Doors, their keys, locks, hinges and frames)
- An investigation (including photos and video) into the overall building for potential structural faults
- Written advise from our architects on all the above
- A cost estimate for the repairs of any defects can be included upon special request
Most homes in South Africa are sold ‘voetstoots’ with either no home inspection performed, or an inspection is performed by other under-qualified companies in the industry. As such, buyers are unlikely to be able to recover costs for latent and patent defects. That’s why it is important to have a highly qualified professional perform a home inspection before committing to a purchase. Archicheck employs SACAP certified Professional Architects to ensure that our reports are of the highest quality and the most informative.
We also provide critical information on development feasibility.
We approach local municipalities on your behalf to acquire the Zoning of your property, which dictates the rights of use on the land. Know more before you buy, renovate or develop property. Check the legal restrictions of the property.
We can also furnish you with the permissible coverage, height restrictions, allowed bulk and boundary lines of your property. We will inform you if the building already exceeds the maximum permissible coverage, which may mean that a portion of your building has not been approved by council. You may want to build on down the line, but do the restrictions in the area allow for this? It is important to understand how much space (coverage) you have to work with before committing to a purchase.
ZAR R480.00Find out the zoning, allowed bulk, permissible coverage, height restrictions and building line setbacks on a property. Every structure is limited in terms of the legal restrictions applicable to a zone, in relation to Erf / Property size. Learn what you can and can't do on your property, and if required, contact our architects to discuss ways of overcoming obstacles inhibiting your ideas for development.Maximum quantity exceededMinimum purchase amount of 1 is requiredMaximum purchase amount of 1 is allowed