Get the best property inspection in the industry.
Are you in the process of buying a new industrial building? Archicheck employs only registered professional architects to provide the highest quality and most comprehensive property inspection service in South Africa.
With an industrial property inspection you will receive a full report of structural issues and general defects. You will be alerted if any part of the entire built structure on your property is not in accordance with National building Regulations (NBR). Ensure that what you are buying has been approved by the local council.
Simply book one of our architects to conduct a full property inspection.
Your report will include the following:
- A full report (including photos) for general, aesthetic and structural defects in every room
- A detailed description of every item’s fine detail (e.g. Doors, their keys, locks, hinges and frames)
- A waterproofing and damp inspection
- A cost estimate of the repairs for any defects
- Written advice from our architects on all matters of importance
- Check that the entire building is indicted on your as-built plans*
- Check that the entire building has been approved by your local council*
- Provide a cost estimate for getting these approvals if they have not been completed by the seller (we advise that you use this information to negotiate for a better price, because there will be financial implications for you down the line)
- Provide you with a breakdown of the remaining space you have left to develop on the property
- Investigate the overall building for structural defects
- Zoning of Erf (single residential / general residential / commercial / mixed use)
- Total permissible coverage of the stand / Erf (allowed building coverage of the Erf can be as low as 20% of the stand size, depending on the zoning of your property)
- Building height restrictions that apply to the property
- Building line positions / distances from boundary lines
- Permissible bulk factor (the allowed building scale in terms of floor area, coverage and height. i.e. the allowed sum of the areas of all floors of a building on the subject property)
- Surveyor general’s diagram indicating site co-ordinates and site boundary lines*
- Design guidelines*
*on special request; subject to availability
Get a quote now for a full industrial property inspection
If the building has not been approved and indicated on the as-built plans, your local council holds the right to issue you with an instruction to demolish all unapproved structures. You will also be fined for 100% of the building cost for all unapproved structures.
Due to the fact that most properties in South Africa are sold ‘voetstoots’, you are unlikely to be able to recover these costs at a later stage. That’s why you must have a highly qualified inspector to Archicheck your property before you commit to the purchase.
We perform high quality property inspections and provide critical information on development feasibility.
We approach the local municipal council on your behalf to acquire the Zoning of your property, which dictates the rights of use on the land. Know more before you buy, renovate or develop property. Check the legal restrictions of the property.
We can also furnish you with the permissible coverage, height restrictions, allowed bulk and boundary lines of your property. We will inform you if the building already exceeds the maximum permissible coverage, which may mean that a portion of your building has not been approved by council. You may want to build on down the line, but do the restrictions in the area allow for this? It is important to understand how much space (coverage) you have to work with before committing to a purchase.
ZAR R480.00Find out the zoning, allowed bulk, permissible coverage, height restrictions and building line setbacks on a property. Every structure is limited in terms of the legal restrictions applicable to a zone, in relation to Erf / Property size. Learn what you can and can't do on your property, and if required, contact our architects to discuss ways of overcoming obstacles inhibiting your ideas for development.Maximum quantity exceededMinimum purchase amount of 0 is required