Make the sale a success with Archicheck property services!
Property sales can be stressful and time consuming
It is often so difficult to conclude a sale.
There are so many reasons why a deal can fall through:
- Asking price is seen as too high
- The deal is emotional for the seller
- Potential buyers get cold feet
- Offers made are too low
- Decisions are not made objectively
Archicheck reports can help seal the deal.
Build trust with your clients
- Present unique, reliable information
- Justify the asking price
- Show reliability as a fiduciary agent
- Be transparent with buyers
- Protect the seller from litigation
- Know both the pro’s and con’s of what you are selling
Market property with confidence
Get more serious offers
- Don’t let defects deter buyers from making an offer
- Scale sellers expectations, who may have emotional connections to the property
- Show buyers realistic costs and ease of repair (which is cheaper than most think)
We like adding value
We love improving lives
We want to uplift the industry
Get valuable insights on quality of space and structure.
Property practitioners – Limit your liability
All involved in the sale of a building or site are at risk for different reasons. Reduce the chance of the deal falling through. For complete transparency in a sale, have the property Archichecked as soon as possible!
Have the building inspected by our professional Architects and Engineers.
Build trust and give clients peace of mind
Disclose what repairs are required on the property, how a contractor should best repair them and even the cost of doing so. Ensure that Building plans, Title Deeds and SG Diagrams are in order.
Our reports have saved our clients multiple thousands on their investments.
Request a booking today:
We have various report type options which include some of the following services:
- Scrutiny of approved building plans and as-built deviations
- Assessment of the title deed for restrictions / servitudes
- Snagging report of entire building (interior, exterior)
- National Building Regulation compliance assessment
- Report on potential health and safety issues
- Condition description of relevant defaults
- Written advise from our architects on all of the above
- A cost estimate for the repairs of any defects can be included
We also provide critical information on purchase and development feasibility.
We approach the local municipal council on your behalf to acquire the Zoning of your property, which dictates the rights of use on the land. Know more before you buy, renovate or develop property. Check the legal restrictions of the property.
We can furnish you with information such as permissible coverage, height restrictions, allowed bulk and boundary lines of your property. We will inform you if the building already exceeds the maximum permissible coverage, which may mean that a portion of your building has not been approved by council. You may want to build on down the line, but do the restrictions in the area allow for this? It is important to understand how much space (coverage) you have to work with before committing to a purchase.
Financial implications of unapproved structures
It is always important to remember that if the building has not been approved and indicated on the as-built plans, your local council holds the right to issue you with an instruction to demolish all unapproved structures. You would also be fined for 100% of the building cost for all unapproved structures.
Most properties in South Africa are sold ‘voetstoots’, as such, buyers are unlikely to be able to recover costs for latent and patent defects. That’s why you must have a highly qualified inspector to Archicheck your property before you commit to the purchase.